Online business card design companies make it easy for small outfits to create customized cards. We’ve named the 3 best providers. Check out these top suppliers if you’re considering ordering a new run of cards for your company.
How We Evaluated Business Card Printers
To pick our winners, we looked for top contenders in 3 categories:
- Best overall business card provider for small businesses
- Best business card design
- Best custom business cards
These 3 categories cover the needs required to produce small business cards, whether your biggest priority is a combination of price and quality, a professional look or customized marketing appeal.
For each winner in our list of top business card printers, we examined three key considerations:
- Price: How much will it cost to use this printing service?
- Features: What types of cards and design features does this service provide?
- Ease of use: How easy is this service to use?
Best Overall for Small Businesses: Vistaprint
After reviewing the top options, we ranked Vistaprint as the best overall business card provider for small businesses. Vistaprint wins for its combination of affordability, design options and user-friendliness.
Vistaprint offers affordable business card design rates:
- Cards made of 14pt standard stock start as low as $15 for 100 cards
- 16pt “premium” stock cards start at $24 for 100 cards
- 18pt “premium plus” stock cards start at $32 for 100 cards
Special features can cause prices to vary:
- Rounded and square corners
- Special papers
- Special finishes such as metallic or glossy
Small businesses may find each of these price points useful for different purposes. For instance, standard stock cards may suit the needs of an event with large attendance, while premium plus stock may be better for handing to highly targeted prospects.
These prices are sometimes offered at reduced sale discounts.
Besides being affordable, Vistaprint offers some compelling features:
- Ability to upload your designs
- An online design logo that lets you create your logo by choosing from icons, colors and layouts
- A library of more than 8,000 free business card design templates you can customize
- Modern business card design templates designed for specific industries, including business services, construction, finance and sales
- Access to a network of professional graphic designers who can create a card for you in less than 24 hours
- The choice between standard, premium and premium-plus card stock
- Matte and glossy paper stock options
- Selection of standard or rounded corners
- Ability to order quantities from 100 up
Ease of Use
Vistaprint’s interface makes creating cards easy, even for users without graphic design experience. Even if you don’t know how to design a business card, the design tools and templates let you create designs by merely navigating through available options. If you already have a design, uploading it takes a couple of mouse clicks.
The ordering process facilitates a fast turnaround. You can order fast shipping for specific templates: Some orders ship within 24 hours, depending on the size.
Ease of use, along with affordable prices and flexible features, make Vistaprint our top choice overall.
Best Business Card Designs: MOO
If card design quality is your highest priority, MOO may be the business card company for you. While more expensive than some services, MOO offers a broader range of paper types, sizes, finishes, color options and advanced features than other services.
Where Vistaprint prices cards in batches of 100, MOO prices them in batches of 50.
- Basic “original” 16pt thick business cards start at a regular price of $19.99 for 50 cards made of premium paper with gloss or matte finishes.
- 18pt cotton business cards made from recycled t-shirt fabric, uncoated and bright white and lightweight yet durable, start at $26.99 for 50 cards.
- 19pt “super” business cards, silky smooth and strong and durable, available in soft-touch or high-gloss finishes, start at $26.99 for 50 cards.
- 32pt “luxe” business cards, made from “extra-thick Mohawk Superfine” luxury paper with a choice of 8 colored seams and natural texture that lets you write on either side, start at $34.99 for 50 cards.
Pricing also varies by card size. MOO offers 4 different card sizes:
- Standard 3.5-inch x 2-inch, priced at a base of $19.99 for 50 cards
- MOO size 3.3-inch x 2.16-inch cards, starting at $19.99 for 50 cards
- Square 2.56-inch x 2.56-inch cards, starting at $22.99 for 50 cards
- Mini 2.75-inch x 1.1-inch cards, starting at $19.99 for 50 cards
Special finishes cost different prices on MOO. Each of these options costs a base price of $41.99 for 50 cards of 19pt thickness:
- Gold foil with a gilded finish
- Silver foil with a cool, metallic finish
- Spot gloss with a smooth, transparent shine
- Raised spot gloss with a thick, textured shine
MOO also produces cards with special premium features:
- Letterpress business cards made from Luxe paper with a special texture start at $59.99 for 50 cards.
- NFC Business Cards+ are embedded with digital technology (namely near-field communication tags) that can perform actions such as opening a website, start at $29.99 for 20 cards.
On average, MOO cards can cost you about twice as much as their Vistaprint counterparts. Clearly, Moo is a luxury option when quality is a top priority. You might consider ordering a special run of MOO cards for high-level prospects and use Vistaprint for your regular cards.
MOO often holds sales.
MOO’s strength is a versatile array of features allowing for superior design:
- A wide range of card thicknesses, from 16pt to 32pt
- Flexible size options, including square cards and miniature cards
- Unique materials such as recycled fabric to fine luxury paper
- Special finishes to give your cards a gold, silver or glossy look
- Textures ranging from velvet-soft to raised contours and letterpress
- Multicolored seam options
- Full-color printing on both sides of your card included in your fee at no additional cost
- Ability to print separate images on the back of different cards with the same design, for a wider variety of looks
- Embedded digital NFC tags that let smartphone owners touch your card to their phone to click on your website, use a coupon or perform other actions
- Design options for all ranges of experience, from total beginners to creative professionals
- Professional templates to stimulate business card design ideas for simple, fast customization
- Blank templates for creating your designs using your logo
- Ability to upload designs you already have created
This comprehensive range of features lets MOO offer customers an unparalleled range of design options.
Ease of Use
MOO’s interface allows users of all skill levels to create custom cards:
- Users with no design background can customize predesigned professional templates.
- For users with graphic experience wondering if they can design their business cards, MOO features online tools to help create a design.
- Users who already have designs can simply upload them.
MOO also offers fast delivery. For original and luxe cards, orders placed before 2 p.m. EST Monday through Friday are delivered the next day.
Best Custom Business Cards: Jukebox
If you want unique business card designs that make a striking first impression, Jukebox offers some of the most feature-rich design options available. With an extensive selection of materials and shapes, Jukebox helps your business card stand out from the crowd.
For pricing, Jukebox stands midway between Vistaprint and MOO. Pricing starts at $35 for 250 single-ply, 14pt standard-sized cards, colored on both sides. Factors that affect pricing include:
- A choice of single-, double- or triple-ply
- Selecting stock options from 10pt linen to 16pt C1S (that is, coated on one side by the paper mill)
- Using special print processes, including foiling, embossing and debossing, which can increase costs significantly (as much as $475 for 250 cards)
- Choosing special sizes, such as 3.5-inch x 1.5-inch mini cards or 3.5-inch x 2.5-inch oversized cards
- Adding rounded corners
- Adding trim
As with MOO, Jukebox represents a premium pricing option, best used when quality is the primary consideration.
Jukebox uses advanced printing processes that support a rich range of features:
- Single-ply, double-ply and triple-ply cards
- Stocks ranging from 10pt to 16pt
- Materials including conventional white paper, linen, textured pulp, recycled paper, wood, bamboo and cork
- Custom shapes
- Full color on either the front of both sides of cards
- Foiling, embossing and debossing printing processes
- Sizes including standard, mini, oversized and square cards
- Corner rounding with 0.25-inch and 0.5-inch options
- Trim with customized width options
- A limited number of templates for designing your cards
- Ability to submit requests for custom-made professional designs
These options make Jukebox hard to beat for customized quality cards.
Ease of Use
Because of its advanced options, Jukebox’s online design interface navigates less easily than Vistaprint’s or MOO’s site. Jukebox offers a more limited range of business card design templates than its competitors. However, Jukebox does provide professional design support upon request.
As for shipping, both 4-day and same-day turnaround options are available. However, Jukebox is located in Vancouver, British Columbia and Toronto, so unless you live in that area, same-day shipping can be pricey.
Use Quality Cards to Bolster Your Business
Your business card can help form a strong first impression of your company. Investing in professional cards should be a priority.