Several online businesses help entrepreneurs design and print their own custom business cards. But which one offers the best business card design and printing service? We’ve named the 5 best providers. Check out these top suppliers if you’re considering ordering a new run of cards for your company.
How We Evaluated Business Card Printing Services
To pick our winners, we looked for top contenders in 5 categories:
- Best overall business card provider for small businesses
- Best business card design
- Best custom business cards
- Best variety of design options
- Best business card printing service for quick turnaround
These 3 categories cover what small business owners are looking for when designing and printing business cards online. Needs vary among a combination of price and quality, a professional look or customized marketing appeal.
For each winner in our list of top business card printers, we examined 3 key factors:
- Price: How much will it cost to use this printing service?
- Features: What types of cards and design features does this service provide?
- Ease of use: Is this service user-friendly?
Best Overall for Small Businesses: Vistaprint
||✔ Fast shipping options available
✔ Design tools and options accessible for users with no experience
✔ Affordable pricing
|✖ Fewer paper and shape varieties compared to some competitors|
Vistaprint is the best business card maker overall for small businesses. Vistaprint wins for its combination of affordability, design options and user-friendliness.
Vistaprint offers affordable business card design rates:
- Cards made of 14pt standard stock start as low as $17 for 100 cards
- 16pt “premium” stock cards start at $24 for 100 cards
- 18pt “premium plus” stock cards start at $32 for 100 cards
Special features can cause prices to vary:
- Rounded corners
- Special papers
- Special finishes such as metallic or glossy
- Color printing on the card’s front and back
Small businesses may find each of these price points useful for different purposes. For instance, standard stock cards could suit the needs of an event with large attendance, while premium plus stock could be better for handing to highly targeted prospects.
These prices are sometimes offered at discounts.
- Ability to upload your designs
- An online design logo that lets you create your logo by choosing from icons, colors and layouts
- A library of more than 8,000 free business card design templates you can customize
- Modern business card design templates designed for specific industries, including business services, construction, finance and sales
- Access to a network of professional graphic designers who can create a card for you in less than 24 hours
- The choice between standard, premium and premium-plus card stock
- Matte and glossy paper stock options
- Selection of standard or rounded corners
- Ability to order quantities starting from 100
Ease of Use
Vistaprint’s interface makes creating cards easy, even for users without graphic design experience. If you don’t know how to design a business card, the tools and templates let you create designs by merely navigating through available options. If you already have a design, uploading it takes a couple of mouse clicks.
The ordering process facilitates a fast turnaround. In addition, you have fast shipping options for specific templates: Some orders ship within 24 hours, depending on the size.
Best for Business Card Designs: MOO
||✔ Full-color printing at no additional cost
✔ Easy interface for all users (including those with no design background)
|✖ More expensive than other business card design and printing service options|
If card design quality is your highest priority, MOO may be the business card company for you. While more expensive than some services, MOO offers a broader range of paper types, sizes, finishes, color options and advanced features than other providers.
Where Vistaprint prices cards in batches of 100, MOO prices many options in batches of 50.
- Basic “original” 16pt thick business cards start at a regular price of $19.99 for 50 cards made of premium paper with gloss or matte finishes.
- 18pt cotton business cards made from recycled t-shirt fabric, uncoated and bright white and lightweight yet durable, start at $26.99 for 50 cards.
- 19pt “super” business cards, silky smooth and strong and durable, available in soft-touch or high-gloss finishes, start at $26.99 for 50 cards.
- 32pt “luxe” business cards, made from “extra-thick Mohawk Superfine” luxury paper with a choice of 8 colored seams and natural texture that lets you write on either side, start at $34.99 for 50 cards.
Pricing also varies by card size. MOO offers 4 different card sizes:
- Standard 3.5-inch x 2-inch, priced at a base of $19.99 for 50 cards
- MOO size 3.3-inch x 2.16-inch cards, starting at $19.99 for 50 cards
- Square 2.56-inch x 2.56-inch cards, starting at $22.99 for 50 cards
- Mini 2.75-inch x 1.1-inch cards, starting at $19.99 for 100 cards
Special finishes cost different prices on MOO. Each of these options costs a base price of $41.99 for 50 cards of 19pt thickness:
- Gold foil with a gilded finish
- Silver foil with a cool, metallic finish
- Spot gloss with a smooth, transparent shine
- Raised spot gloss with a thick, textured shine
MOO also produces cards with special premium features:
- Letterpress business cards made from Luxe paper with a special texture start at $59.99 for 50 cards.
On average, printing business cards online through MOO can cost about twice as much as it does on Vistaprint. Clearly, Moo is a luxury option when quality is a top priority. You might consider ordering a special run of MOO cards for high-level prospects and use Vistaprint for your regular cards.
MOO often holds sales, so you could purchase your custom business cards at a discount.
MOO’s strength is a versatile array of features allowing for superior design:
- A wide range of card thicknesses, from 16pt to 32pt
- Flexible size options, including square cards and miniature cards
- Unique materials such as recycled fabric to fine luxury paper
- Special finishes to give your cards a gold, silver or glossy look
- Textures ranging from velvet-soft to raised contours and letterpress
- Multicolored seam options
- Full-color printing on both sides of your card included in your fee at no additional cost
- Ability to print separate images on the back of different cards with the same design for a wider variety of looks
- Design options for all ranges of experience, from total beginners to creative professionals
- Professional templates to spark business card design ideas for simple, fast customization
- Blank templates for creating your designs using your logo
- Ability to upload designs you already have created
This comprehensive range of features lets MOO offer customers an unparalleled range of design options.
Ease of Use
MOO’s interface allows users of all skill levels to create custom cards:
- Users with no design background can customize predesigned professional templates.
- MOO’s online tools make crafting custom business cards a breeze, even for those with no graphic design experience.
- Users can upload existing designs.
MOO also offers fast delivery. For original and luxe cards, orders placed before 2 p.m. EST Monday through Friday are delivered the next day in the U.S. (except for holidays and weekends).
Best for Custom Business Cards: Jukebox
||✔ More feature and paper options compared to competitors
✔ Option for same-day production
|✖ More complicated user interface
✖ Special finishes can be significantly more expensive
If you want unique business card designs that make a striking first impression, Jukebox offers some of the most feature-rich design options available. Jukebox helps your business card stand out from the crowd with an extensive selection of materials and shapes.
For pricing, Jukebox stands between Vistaprint and MOO. Pricing starts at $35 for 250 single-ply, 14pt standard-sized cards, colored on both sides. Factors that affect pricing include:
- A choice of single-, double- or triple-ply
- Selecting stock options from 10pt linen to 16pt C1S (that is, coated on one side by the paper mill)
- Using special print processes, including foiling, embossing and debossing, any of which can significantly increase costs (as much as $475 for 250 cards)
- Choosing special sizes, such as 3.5-inch x 1.5-inch mini cards or 3.5-inch x 2.5-inch oversized cards
- Adding rounded corners
- Adding trim
As with MOO, Jukebox represents a premium pricing option, best used when quality is the primary consideration.
Jukebox uses advanced printing processes that support a rich range of features:
- Single-ply, double-ply and triple-ply cards
- Stocks ranging from 14pt to 45pt, depending on the product type
- Materials including conventional white paper, linen, textured pulp, recycled paper, wood, bamboo and cork
- Custom shapes
- Full color on either the front of both sides of cards
- Foiling, embossing and debossing printing processes
- Sizes including standard, mini, oversized and square cards
- Corner rounding with 0.25-inch and 0.5-inch options
- Trim with customized width options
- A limited number of templates for designing your cards
- Ability to submit requests for custom-made professional designs
These options make Jukebox hard to beat for customized quality cards.
Ease of Use
Jukebox’s online design interface navigates less easily than Vistaprint’s or MOO’s site due to its advanced options. In addition, Jukebox offers a more limited range of business card design templates than its competitors. However, Jukebox does provide professional design support upon request.
As for shipping, both 4-day and same-day production options are available. However, Jukebox is located in Vancouver, British Columbia and Toronto, so unless you live in that area, same-day shipping can be pricey.
Best for Variety: Zazzle
||✔ Easily navigable website
✔ Huge template library
✔ 2-day shipping option
|✖ Starting prices are higher than some competitors|
Like Jukebox, Zazzle has many design choices for custom business cards, with tens of thousands of templates available. Users can browse card templates by profession, style and card shape, or you can take a look at the most popular options. You can also create your own business cards.
The majority of standard-size business cards (3.5”x2”) start around $21 per pack of 100 cards. However, other options, such as the mini cards (3”x1”) or folded cards, start at $14.95 per pack. Customers can decide how many packs of cards they want to order; pack size ranges from 25 to 100 cards.
- Standard (3.5”x2”): start at $20.95 per pack of 100 to create your own; start at $21.30 per pack of 100 for templates
- Square: (2.5”x2.5”): start at $22.95 per 100 to create your own; can start at $23.35 per pack of 100 for template designs
- Horizontal (3.5”x2) and Vertical (2”x3.5”) Folded Business Cards: $14.95 for 25 cards; start at $15.85 per pack of 25 for templates
- Mighty (3.5”x2.5”): start at $24.95 per pack of 100 if you create your own; prices start at $26.35 per pack of 100 cards if you customize a template
- Mini (3”x1”): start at $14.95 per pack of 100 to create your own; start at $15.80 for a pack of 100 cards if you customize a template
- Oceania (3.54”x2.17”): starting costs are $20.95 per pack of 100 cards to create your own or pick a template
- Euro (3.35”x2.17”): $20.05 per pack of 100 to create your own; can start at $22.15 per pack of 100 if you use a template to create custom business cards
Your business card printing costs are impacted by other card features, including:
- Corner shape (round or square)
- Paper types, such as matte, textured, kraft and semi-gloss
- Paper thickness, which ranges from 16 pt to 32 pt
Like its competitors, Zazzle’s business card design and printing service allow you to tweak their templates or upload your own photos, logos or other art for a truly custom look. Zazzle business cards also offer the following features:
- Various sizes, paper types and weights
- Numerous colors and finishes
- Some templates provide color options
- Also, offers magnet business cards for $9.95 for a pack of 25
- Personalize your business card with a professional headshot or your own camera work (e.g., for a photography business)
- Double-sided printing for no additional costs
- Option for 2-day shipping
Ease of Use
Zazzle’s interface is easily navigable. Its main page is separated into sections so users can browse industry, style, shape and popular options. In addition, its comprehensive filters help customers narrow their business card options to their precise specifications. Customers can also use the search function to find the cards they want for their small business.
Best for Quick Turnaround: Staples
||✔ Same-day printing and pickup for some orders
✔ One of the most inexpensive options for standard business cards
|✖ The smallest package is 250 cards
✖ Double-sided printing isn’t included in starting costs
If you need cards ASAP, Staples has you covered with same-day pickup for orders placed before 2 p.m. But even if you’re not in a rush, the office supplies store can get you connected with some of the most inexpensive business cards available.
Custom business cards start at $9.99 for a pack of 250. The other 2 pricing and package options for standard cards are:
- 500 cards for $14.99
- 1,000 cards for $19.99
Note that starting costs jump to $14.99 for 250 cards if you have a double-sided card.
If you choose to print business cards online with Staples, you can also select raised print business cards, executive business cards and ultra-thick business cards.
Raised Print: start at $49.99 for a pack of 250
Executive: start at $34.99 for a pack of 250
Ultra-Thick: start at $9.99 for a pack of 250
According to the website, express pickup is $4.50, but there’s a note that customers can face additional costs.
Staples customers can upload their own designs or choose a template from the literal 100 web pages of business card templates. Users can filter the options by the following categories:
- Design style
- Color theme
- Number of photograph spaces
While you won’t have the design flexibility that other sites offer, such as color changes or finish, the prices are standard according to paper type and the number of cards ordered.
Ease of Use
Staples’s website has a simple, clean design that’s easy to browse for your preferred business card. Sections are clearly marked, and filter options cover the categories that can help customers eliminate the cards that won’t best represent your brand.