Whether you’re looking to open your company’s first credit card or you want to maximize the rewards a business credit card offers, you might want to check out a Chase business credit card.
Chase offers a variety of business credit cards — 6 in all — including those that provide cash-back rewards and travel points for frequent flyers.
You can earn rewards by using your Chase secured business credit card for everyday business transactions. Here’s a guide to the best Chase business credit card options, with info about rewards, interest rates, annual fees and more so you can make the best financial decision for your business.
What Chase Business Credit Cards Are Available?
Chase offers a robust selection of small business credit cards. You can use one or several for different needs and combine your rewards to save.
Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
The Ink Business Unlimited credit card is a cash reward business credit card. It provides the following features:
- Unlimited 1.5% cash-back rewards on all purchases
- $0 annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases. After that, 14.74%-20.74% variable APR
- Get a cash-back bonus of $500 after making $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months after opening the account
- Security features such as fraud protection, purchase protection and personalized account alerts
- Travel and purchase coverage including Emergency Assistance Services and an Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
In addition to cash-back rewards, Ink Business Unlimited cardholders can redeem rewards for gift cards, travel and more through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
You can link additional employee cards to the account and set individual spending limits on each card, helping your business earn rewards more quickly.
Ink Business Cash Credit Card
There’s a Chase Ink Business credit card with higher cash rewards in select categories. The Ink Business Cash credit card provides 5% cash back in certain business categories, as well as rewards on every business purchase. It features:
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 12 months after opening the account. After that, 14.74%-20.74% variable APR
- $0 annual fee
- Get $500 bonus cash back after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after the account is opened
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent on combined purchases for web, phone and cable services and at office supply stores each anniversary year of the account
- Get 2% cash back on the first $25,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations on the anniversary of each account opening
- Earn 1% unlimited cash back on remaining purchases
- Get employee cards at no additional cost
The Ink Business Cash credit card also has similar security and travel features to the Ink Business Unlimited credit card, such as roadside dispatch, purchase protection and extended warranty protection.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The Ink Business Preferred credit card provides premium travel rewards for business owners who are on the move. The card features include:
- Earn triple points on travel and other select business categories
- 17.49%-22.49% variable APR
- $95 annual fee
- Get 80,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months after the account opening, which is equal to $1,000 toward travel rewards when redeemed through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
- Earn triple points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent combined on internet, cable and phone services, shipping purchases and travel and on advertising purchases online
- Earn unlimited 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 1:1 point transfer when transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points to participating frequent travel programs with airline travel partners and hotel travel partners
Chase points with this card are worth 25% more when you redeem them for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
This Chase credit card is geared toward business owners and their employees who frequently fly on Southwest Airlines. Cardholders earn 3 times the points on purchases with Southwest and 2 times the points on select business purchases, including online advertising and internet, cable and phone services. Cardholders also get 9,000 anniversary bonus points. Other features include:
- 17.49%-24.49% variable APR
- $199 annual fee applied to the first billing statement
- Get 70,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Get 4 upgraded boardings a year (when available)
- Get inflight WiFi credits
- Get a Global Entry or TSA Precheck fee credit of up to $100 every 4 years
Points have no blackout dates. This card also comes with zero foreign transaction fees when you use it to make purchases outside of the U.S.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card comes with a lower initial fee and slightly different rewards compared to the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. Benefits include:
- Earn double points on Southwest purchases and points on all other purchases
- Earn 6,000 anniversary bonus points
- 17.49%-24.49% variable APR
- $99 annual fee applied to the first billing statement
- Get 60,000 bonus points after making $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months the account is open
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Pay nothing for first and second checked bags
- $0 change fee
The card also has travel benefits like lost luggage reimbursement and baggage delay insurance.
United Explorer Business Card
As with the Southwest Chase cards mentioned, the United Explorer Business Card is a card providing benefits for loyal United Airlines flyers. Cardholders get:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases and on purchases at restaurants, office supply stores and gas stations
- $95 annual fee
- 17.49%-24.49% variable APR
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles, divided by 50,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of the account’s opening and an additional 50,000 bonus miles after spending $25,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of the account opening
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get priority boarding
- Free first checked bag
This card also has no foreign transaction fees. Cardholders get two free one-time United Club passes each year.
Which Chase Business Credit Card is Best for You?
The answer to this question lies in what you’ll use the card for most. You could always apply for more than 1 card and combine their use to get more rewards. For example, use a cash-back card for office purchases and the like, and use a travel business credit card for booking travel. Here’s what to consider.
For Cash Back
For cash back, the Ink Business Unlimited credit card and the Ink Business Cash credit card are the top two choices from Chase. Neither require an annual fee. Both have similar APR rates: 0% intro APR for 12 months from the account opening on purchases, then 14.74%-20.74% variable APR after that. They also have the same new card member offer, a $500 bonus cash back after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after the account opening.
The main difference is the cash-back rewards. The Ink Business Unlimited credit card comes with unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. The Ink Business Cash credit card offers higher rewards on purchases from office supply stores and internet, cable and phone services (5% cash back) and on gas station and restaurant purchases (2% cash back), with 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Businesses that require little physical equipment and that don’t rely on a lot of business meals or road travel might benefit more from the Ink Business Unlimited credit card, with its straightforward 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Businesses with offices and a large number of employees might benefit more from the Ink Business Cash credit card.
(An aside: If your wondering if cash-back rewards are taxable, read our blog post on the topic.)
For Other Rewards
The other four Chase business credit cards are more focused on travel rewards. They all have the same APR, at 17.49%-22.49% variable APR.
The one that’s right for you will depend on your preferred airline. If you usually take Southwest or United flights, you might be better off with a branded card.
Otherwise, the Ink Business Preferred credit card offers broad travel rewards at 3 times the points on travel and select business categories like internet, cable and phone services.
For the lowest rates, consider the cash-back credit cards from Chase. You’ll get 0% APR for a full year after the account opening, and then the lowest variable APR rates after that. Plus, there’s no annual fee.
Frequent travelers might not mind the annual fee or one-time fee other Chase business credit cards charge if they feel the bonus mile offers are worth it. It depends on the amount of travel you anticipate, versus how much other business costs are and where you think you can earn the most.
Build Credit with a Business Credit Card
Using a business credit card for your small business is a way to build up business credit, which can help you when you need to borrow money in the future. As long as you are able to make payments on time and responsibly use your business credit card, you can earn cash-back and/or travel rewards that help you save on expenses.